The list of activities below represent a wide range of after-school or weekend extra-curricular activities brought to our attention. While The Children’s House does not review or endorse these activities, we do want you to be aware of the options available.
Hi Children’s House families! My name is Julie Boss and I am the athletic coordinator for our school! My role is to let families know of the many athletic possibilities available for our children. I will also coordinate coaches and communications between the leagues, participants and school for selected opportunities throughout the year. Please feel free to email me (email@example.com) or call me (248-535-1713) with any questions regarding athletic opportunities within the school as well as outside of the school.
Again, if you have any questions or want to become involved in any of these opportunities, please contact me!
Fall Extra-Curricular Sports – 2nd – 8th grade
There are a lot of the sports open to our school, however, these sports can only happen if we have coaches and enough participants. Hopefully, we can have both to participate in many of these. If you have any interest in coaching or helping, please contact Julie Boss, extra-curricular sports director for TCH. All of these sports (except Cross Country) are through LEAP. This is a TCAPS program and sign ups occur on the LEAP website.
- 4th and 5th grade girls basketball - coach needed
- 6th-8th grade boys basketball - register with LEAP
Music Together Classes - Starting Saturday, September 29th! Class times are at 9:30AM and 10:30AM run 45 minutes long. Perfect for children birth to 5 years old. Siblings under 9 months are free! Registration is OPEN! Info here
Nature Explorers with Amalia Fermand: - Fall programs happening Mondays after school at TCH for children ages 6-13, more info can be found here.
- Leap Sports - Learning, Enrichment, Athletic Program
- Music Together - Did you know that all children are musical? Have you ever wondered what you can do to nurture the musical growth of your child, regardless of your own musical ability? Experience Music Together® and find out how important--and how fun--your role can be! Our Music Together classes build on your child's natural enthusiasm for music and movement. We'll help you provide your child with the basic musical skills needed to enjoy school and social musical activities, and to study an instrument should he or she choose to do so. Hear what people are saying about our program! Click here for details.
- Seung-Ni Academy (Ages 3-up): This is Taekwondo and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Please contact Master Kevin Shoults at 231-932-4300 or seungni.com.
- YMCA sponsored sports: These range in ages and in opportunities. Your student can participate in basketball, flag football, Pop Warner football, gymnastics, lacrosse, soccer, and tennis. Please check out the website at http://www.gtbayymca.org/#!sports/c1at1.
- Traverse City Figure Skating Club http://gofiguretc.org/
- Traverse City Hockey Association www.tchockey.com/
- Drum and Percussion Lessons – Private lessons being offered by John Alfieri, Interlochen Center for the Arts percussion and drum set instructor 1980 – 2015. Click here for details.
- Blackbird Arts is an independent arts education studio offering programs in visual arts, music, movement and theater. We have a variety of teachers and classes for parent/baby, children, families and adults. For a current schedule, visit www.blackbirdartstc.com or call Melissa Johnson at (231) 421-8085. Flyer for classes at The Children’s House can found by clicking here.