The list of activities below represent a wide range of after-school or weekend extra-curricular activities brought to our attention. While The Children’s House does not review or endorse these activities, we do want you to be aware of the options available.
Hi Children’s House families! My name is Julie Boss and I am the athletic coordinator for our school! My role is to let families know of the many athletic possibilities available for our children. I will also coordinate coaches and communications between the leagues, participants and school for selected opportunities throughout the year. Please feel free to email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call me (248-535-1713) with any questions regarding athletic opportunities within the school as well as outside of the school.
Again, if you have any questions or want to become involved in any of these opportunities, please contact me!
- Music TogetherJoin us for 9 unforgettable weeks of learning, laughing, and music-making that will bring joy to your family and create musical memories to last a lifetime! Our Music Together Winter Session for children ages birth to 5 years old with their parents/caregivers begins Saturday, January 20th (9:15, 10:15 or 11:15AM)! For more information visit our website: www.musictogethertc.com or call Christy at 231-632-4511
- Leap Sports - Learning, Enrichment, Athletic Program
- Music Together - Did you know that all children are musical? Have you ever wondered what you can do to nurture the musical growth of your child, regardless of your own musical ability? Experience Music Together® and find out how important--and how fun--your role can be! Our Music Together classes build on your child's natural enthusiasm for music and movement. We'll help you provide your child with the basic musical skills needed to enjoy school and social musical activities, and to study an instrument should he or she choose to do so. Hear what people are saying about our program! Click here for details.
- Seung-Ni Academy (Ages 3-up): This is Taekwondo and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Please contact Master Kevin Shoults at 231-932-4300 or seungni.com.
- YMCA sponsored sports: These range in ages and in opportunities. Your student can participate in basketball, flag football, Pop Warner football, gymnastics, lacrosse, soccer, and tennis. Please check out the website at http://www.gtbayymca.org/#!sports/c1at1.
- Traverse City Figure Skating Club http://gofiguretc.org/
- Traverse City Hockey Association www.tchockey.com/
- Drum and Percussion Lessons – Private lessons being offered by John Alfieri, Interlochen Center for the Arts percussion and drum set instructor 1980 – 2015. Click here for details.
- Blackbird Arts is an independent arts education studio offering programs in visual arts, music, movement and theater. We have a variety of teachers and classes for parent/baby, children, families and adults. For a current schedule, visit www.blackbirdartstc.com or call Melissa Johnson at (231) 421-8085. Flyer for classes at The Children’s House can found by clicking here.