Tuition Assistance - Updated 2019 information available in February
Our school uses an online system to facilitate tuition assistance applications. This program is called "FAST - Financial Aid for Student Tuition". It is recommended and supported by ISM - Independent School Management. This online service analyzes financial statements provided by each family and provides need-based financial aid recommendations to the school. The tuition assistance committee makes final decisions about financial awards based on these recommendations.
Tuition assistance awards are available for the Primary, Elementary, and Junior High educational programs only. Aid is not available for the Nido-YCC program, summer session, before care or after care.
To begin the online application, click the FAST link on this page. It will take you directly to the online application. Please note you will need to complete both an online application and send supporting financial documents to FAST. A complete copy of your 2017 Federal and State Tax Returns with W-2s and all supporting schedules are required for your aid application to be considered complete.
A $43.00 fee is charged by FAST for their service. You will make this payment through the website.
The website will be open for application starting February 6th, 2018. All applications for returning families must be completed by March 21, 2018.
Incomplete applications cannot be considered for an award. Be sure to mail supporting documents to FAST well in advance of the deadline to allow enough time for processing. FAST will not accept electronic copies of tax returns.
Applications received/completed after the deadline will be considered with new family applications. This second round of aid will be considered and awarded on a rolling basis.
Please reference the Parent Handbook for additional information about our tuition assistance policies and awards process.
Award letters for returning families will mail April 20th. Award letters for new families will be mailed as decisions are made.
Summary of Important Dates
- Feb 6th: FAST system opens to accept applications for new and returning families
- March 21st: Aid deadline for returning families
- April 13th: Aid letters mailed to returning families
- April 20th: Deadline to accept aid awards (Please note: signed award letter, returning student application and enrollment deposit due to ensure award and enrollment.)
- April 20th: Award appeal letters due (Please note: by appealing an aid award, the applicant is no longer guaranteed enrollment in the 2018-2019 school year.)
- April 23th: Open enrollment begins. Students on wait list begin admissions based upon availability.
Please note: New family applications and appeals will be considered on a rolling basis beginning April 23, 2018.
The Children's House has provided financial assistance to families for the past 32 years. This assistance has helped provide a quality independent education to families who would not otherwise be able to consider such an education for their children.