Summer Primary Registration is down to very limited availability so online registration has been suspended. Please contact Kim Gallagher to find out the spaces we have left.
Summer Primary (3-5 year olds*)
*Children who have finished Kindergarten should enroll in the summer Elementary Trailblazers program.
Summer at The Children’s House is the perfect blend of our prepared Montessori environments and a distinctive flavor of summer fun. Campers enjoy a variety of engaging activities within the familiar Montessori environment and curriculum. Some weeks will include special guests including story tellers and musicians!
Children from our four school year classrooms unite in two primary classrooms for the summer. TCH alumni and children from the greater community are also accepted based on availability.
Weekly Highlights Include:
- Balance Bike Program every Monday morning! We provide the bikes and helmets (you may bring your own balance bike or helmet from home).
- Splash days every Thursday (weather permitting) including sprinkler fun.
- Bike parade on July 2nd for Independence Day.
- BACK THIS YEAR!: Pizza Wednesday - each Wednesday of Summer, we will order pizza for all the primary and elementary children. Offerings will alternate each week between cheese and pepperoni. To order, please use the Boonli lunch ordering system, instructions will be included in your welcome packet.
- Fruity Friday - every Friday, we'll learn about and enjoy a fruit that is local and in season in Northern Michigan! Blueberries, Cherries and strawberries galore!
Children may enroll from one to ten weeks. A 10% discount is applied for a full ten week schedule. Enrollment preference is given to current TCH students until March 1st and TCH alumni from March 1st- March 15th. On March 1th registration is open to non-TCH families.
Weekly Session Rates for Primary Classrooms
|3, 3/4 days
|4, 3/4 days
|5, 3/4 days
Primary East Classroom: Guide Allie Bukowski , Taylor Fielding, Marisa Farr assisting
Check out the guides' bios at; http://www.traversechildrenshouse.org/faculty.asp