Thank you for your interest in a Montessori education for your child at The Children’s House, the Traverse City area's only independent Montessori school. Because a child’s mind is the most absorbent between birth and age five, enrolling your child as young as possible is recommended.
Please contact me with your questions at any time throughout the admission process.
Renee Hintz, Director of Advancement
(231) 929-9325 ext 114
- Complete the online inquiry form.
- Tour the school with Renee.*
- Observe for 30 minutes in a classroom.*
- After touring and observing, apply online by March 1 to be in the applicant pool for the upcoming school year. For mid-year enrollment, please note a requested start date on your application.
- Parents of students applying to enter kindergarten through 8th grade are required to meet with the Head of School and have their child spend a day as a visiting student.
- The admissions office will notify you of acceptance and then the business office will provide a tuition agreement.
- To enroll, make a non-refundable $500 enrollment deposit (applied toward total tuition), provide proof of up-to-date immunizations to comply with our immunization policy (non-medical waivers are not accepted), and then e-sign the tuition agreement.
- If your child is placed in the applicant pool, you will be notified when a space becomes available.
*Due to COVID-19 restrictions, Renee will schedule a video conference in lieu of a school tour and classroom observation.