In 2005, a group of women came together for lunch and formed the Karen Circle. The Karen Circle was named after Dr. Karen Gilhooly who was a mother, physician, and involved parent at The Children’s House. Each member of the Karen Circle makes a $1,000 gift to The Children’s House. When these gifts are combined, the result has a truly transformational impact on our school.
In November 2020, Karen Circle members gathered via Zoom and awarded $29,000 to the following project proposals:
- Employee Relations
- Washer and Dryer for Primary and Elementary Wings
- COVID Relief
- Trees for noise/visual barrier along N. Long Lake Rd.
- Contribution to 3 Mariposas Montessori in memory of Patty Anton
- Bookshelf and Books for Nido/YCC Library
- Sensory tools for classrooms
- Wireless speakers and headphones for classrooms
- Classroom Language Materials
- Pots and Pans for the Kitchen
- New sleds and outdoor toys
- Ride-on toys and picnic tables for the YCC outdoor environment
- Projector and screen for art room
Please let Renee Hintz know if you plan to be a part of the 2021 Karen Circle: firstname.lastname@example.org.