In 2005, a group of women came together for lunch and formed the Karen Circle. The Karen Circle was named after Dr. Karen Gilhooly who was a mother, physician, and involved parent at The Children’s House. Each member of the Karen Circle makes a $1,000 gift to The Children’s House. When these gifts are combined, the result has a truly transformational impact on our school.
In November 2021, Karen Circle members gathered via Zoom and awarded $31,000 to the following project proposals:
- Peace Library for Nido/YCC
- Encyclopedia Set for Elementary Library
- Junior High Library and Kitchen
- Soccer Goals and PE Equipment
- New furniture for Primary Great Hall
- Junior High Robotics
- YCC South Classroom Upgrades
- Language Cards for Holidays and Celebrations
- Pebble Harp for Zen Garden
- Employee Relations
- Expand Professional Development Budget
The 2022 Karen Circle will meet for the annual luncheon at the Traverse City Golf and Country Club on Thursday, November 10 at Noon. Please let Renee Hintz know if you plan to be a part of the 2022 Karen Circle: email@example.com.