Welcome to The Children's House and Compass Montessori Junior High!
Use this checklist to prepare for the first day of school:
- See our Back to School orientation schedule and please plan accordingly.
- Complete all necessary forms and update family information by logging in to Family Access. Watch for an important email that will prompt you to log in.
- Prepare for your child's first day with items on our Student Supply List. For children not yet in kindergarten, complete the Health Appraisal Form with your child's doctor.
- Order school lunch online through Boonli (opens August 25).
- Add drop-in early care or Friends Club to your child's schedule through Boonli (opens August 25).
- Become familiar with our Family Handbook. Be sure to read about how to navigate carline starting on page 18.
- Get in the habit of reading Waypoints, our weekly newsletter. It is updated and emailed to families every Friday afternoon.
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram and join our Facebook Community Page to share ideas, swap/sell items, and connect with other families.
- Sync our Family Calendar with your personal Google calendar.
- Sign up for text alerts by downloading the Remind app to your mobile device and set up an account. Then, text "@hg6c3f2" to the number 81010. You will receive a welcome text from Remind. The class is titled TCH Parent Community.
- If your child is new to a Nido, YCC, or Primary classroom, your child’s guide will call to schedule a home visit. This is a wonderful opportunity for you to become acquainted.
Please call the front desk at (231) 929-9325 with any questions that you might have.